"Heart failure nurse support in the community"

About: GPs in Rushcliffe Rushcliffe / Heart failure team

I came out of hospital having suffered heart failure and a blood clot.

The care I got was phenomenal. The nurse got in touch quickly and came out to me, tailoring the frequency to my needs. I could speak to her whenever I needed whether a big or tiny question. That meant I didn't need to bother the GP. There was also perfect join up between the community nurse and the GP practice.

The nurse took a truly holistic approach- dealing with the clinical side and my mental well-being as I got my head round it all. She helped me understand what had happened and and what the future holds and gave me loads of useful extra info too.

I think this is a critical service without which I would not have been able to return to a fairly normal life so quickly. Absolutely brilliant.

Response from Nicola Zurawliw, Integrated Primary Care Network Lead, Rushcliffe Locality, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust 3 days ago
Nicola Zurawliw
Integrated Primary Care Network Lead, Rushcliffe Locality,
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Submitted on 04/05/2021 at 11:24
Published on Care Opinion on 05/05/2021 at 09:23

Hi Skinny happy bloke

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, but I am really pleased to hear that your experience of our Heart Failure Service and Nurses has been positive, as we always strive to make a difference. I will certainly share these kind words with the team. Thank you.

Nicola Zurawliw