"Waiting for a scan"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Radiology

I am on this website as I am very annoyed with the fact that I am currently waiting for a scan of my liver and the management of the hospital is not allowing me or the rest of the patients an appointment for this service. I have auto-immune hepatitis from which I have suffered for the past 8 years. I am fully aware that services were put on hold due to the pandemic we are currently going through but I feel like I’m not sure when the ongoing care that is vital due to the seriousness of the illness that I have to endure is going to restart. What is annoying is the fact that I was being allowed to be admitted to the hospital for a minimum of 48 hours for an evasive liver biopsy that I would not agree to due to the fact that I have been shielding for this past year and I would have been more at risk with the procedure than a 5 minute scan that would take place in a controlled environment in the outpatient department of the hospital. I am looking for some sort of help to understand why the management seems to be against this service. I thought that the NHS was open for business but obviously not, it appears to be only what suits management. I have friends and family that are currently going through different levels of scans and evasive procedures in other hospitals so I am entitled to an explanation of this issue.

Can I also say that I appreciate the treatment and care I have received over the past 8 years especially the last year as I only had my local health practice and the liver nurses that are based in the Royal Alexandria.  If not for the nurses and secretary there I have no idea what state my health would be in, not just physical but my mental health as well.

I await your response.

Response from Nicole McInally, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Project Manager, PEPI, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde last week
Nicole McInally
Patient Experience and Public Involvement Project Manager, PEPI,
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
Submitted on 29/04/2021 at 08:34

Dear Annoyed Granny

Thank you for your post on Care Opinion.

From your post I am unsure which scan you are currently waiting for. Could you please email PatientExperience@ggc.scot.nhs.uk with your name and date of birth and the type of scan you are currently waiting for?

Nicole