"Refused Treatment"

About: Lincolnshire NHS Physio Service (Pats) North Hykeham Care UK

As an NHS nurse and 2 weeks of not being able to walk finally got this appointment for 430pm at Practice Plus Group MSK & Spinal Service, North Hykeham Health Centre.

Left home at 330pm, was driven by car and arrived at 4pm at the NK Health & Sport Centre Complex.

At 420pm by MY MISTAKE I  went into the wrong building and went into the  Richmond Medical Practice building (right beside MSK building) thinking this was the MSK Centre.
Once in the Richmond Centre was told I was in the wrong place and I was asked to wait so they could locate and then tell me where the MSK building was.
Waited over 6 minutes (painful standing in entrance, no seats) until I said I had to go and I would try to find the MSK Centre myself as I did not want to be late (have never been late in 50 years for an NHS appointment but have never been seen on time either, ever).
The Richmond Centre could not direct me to the MSK Centre and handed me back my appointment letter.
I then used Google to locate the MSK Centre and it showed up as Practice Plus Group MSK & Spinal Service, Lincolnshire, Lindum Business Park, Station Rd, North Hykeham, Lincoln (this is turned out is where the phone calls are answered for the MSK Centre and patients are not actually seen here).
Was driven to this Station Road address but MSK was not here?
I called the MSK Centre number twice (the person answering is not based in the MSK building but at Station Road) to explain I was lost and on my 2nd call was told by them that the MSK Centre was right beside the Richmond Centre - where I had been originally, oh no!!
 Arrived outside the MSK Centre (now 12 minutes late) and at that moment was called by the MSK Centre at the Lindum Centre (and not the person who was due to see me?)  and was told the person due to see me at my appointment, couldn't, 'hang around' and my appointment was cancelled. I could rebook next week.
I deduced I was the last appointment of the day and now my error was a very, very costly and painful 12 minute one, for me so that person can get off home?
My working decades in the NHS often included 'hanging around' for patients and when they have had the courtesy to call and explain they were running late or as in my case, lost I have never seen it result in them being refused care.
 However I have seen patients refused care by a doctor if they were over 30 mins late.
My NHS work now has left me unable to walk and my mistake of going into the wrong building and as a result received no empathy or flexibility to be able to attend.
I do not drive, cannot work and can barely walk.
I live miles away from this Centre.
It was a struggle to organise getting here and the pain over the last two weeks has me muddled.
I was at fault but could never have imagined being 12 minutes late resulted in my being refused care.
 Please may a review of flexibility and empathy be considered at PPG MSK.Many people must come in pain, struggle to get here, pay to get here and have been praying to get here. If they are 12 minutes late and call twice to say so please may it be considered that they are not refused treatment.

Please may the address for PPG MSK& Spinal Service be extended to the Richmond Medical Centre staff in hope that it may help another, lost.

Please may the address for PPG MSK& Spinal Service for patients be corrected on Google.

Response from Lincolnshire NHS Physio Service (Pats) North Hykeham Care UK last week
Lincolnshire NHS Physio Service (Pats) North Hykeham Care UK
Submitted on 09/04/2021 at 14:38
Published on nhs.uk at 20:37

We are very sorry to hear of your experience with our service, I understand a member of our management team contacted you on 06/04/2021 to discuss this further.

Kind regards