"Massive thank you to ED and ward 107 ARI"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Emergency Medicine Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / General Internal Medicine

I am a nurse myself and last week I became really unwell at home with what turned out to be pneumonia. I was really breathless and scared and the thought of going into hospital was terrifying.

I would like to say how wonderful each and every member of the team who I met were. They were caring, compassionate and professional and made me feel safe during a very overwhelming scary experience, where I felt at my most vulnerable.

I wish I could remember everyone’s name and I wish I could thank them all personally but I will never forget their care, kindness and compassion.

The paramedics and Drs, Nurses and HCSW who I met in ED ARI and Ward 107 ARI  were wonderful and I can’t thank them enough.

Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart! You are all amazing (especially during these challenging times!).

Proud to be NHS.

Response from Julie Wattie, Nurse Manager, Medicine 1 (Medicine and Unscheduled Care Division), NHS Grampian last month
Julie Wattie
Nurse Manager, Medicine 1 (Medicine and Unscheduled Care Division),
NHS Grampian
Submitted on 20/01/2021 at 13:59

Dear Paula77,

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience in the Emergency Department. I will ensure the team see this and know it will mean a lot to them, especially just now.

I hope you are recovering well

Take care