"Trip to A&E"

About: Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick children / Emergency Department

Just wanted to highlight the excellent care our daughter received at A& E in The Royal Sick Children’s.   The staff we’re excellent from the minute we arrived. They very quickly triaged her and diagnosed a dislocated elbow which they were able to fix it in a matter of seconds.   Working with children really does take special people and everyone we met from the front desk onwards can only be described as special.   I’m so sorry that I didn’t catch any of their names but please know we are so thankful for your professionalism and care for our little girl.

Response from Tracey Gemmell, Assistant Service manager, Division of Child Services, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust 2 days ago
Tracey Gemmell
Assistant Service manager, Division of Child Services,
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
Submitted on 20/01/2021 at 11:15

Dear Spider17,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the experience of care that your daughter received at RBHSC.

I’m sure that things were very fraught both for you and your daughter and I’m so pleased to hear that you were well supported by our staff.

I will share your kind words about the professionalism and attitude of the team. In these challenging times, it’s such a boost for staff morale to have their efforts recognised in this positive way.

I’m glad to hear that your daughter was treated quickly and hope that she continues to recover well.

Kind regards.