"Premature baby"

About: Craigavon Area Hospital / Neonatal Unit Maternity care / Delivery suite / MLU

(as a parent/guardian),

We had a premature baby born in daisy Hill Newry. She had to be taken to Craigavon to be cared for as she was sick. The care in Craigavon was excellent. And we were made to feel very welcome. The staff were all very informative and friendly. One of the staff members was called Donal in the neonatal ward he was brilliant he made you always feel calm and at ease.. he was very helpful and good at explaining what was happening and keen to tell you how our baby was getting on. I thought all the team in Craigavon were top class I couldn't ask for better.

Response from David Grier, Consultant Paediatrician, Craigavon Neonatal Unit and Blossom Children's Centre, SHSCT last week
David Grier
SHSCT
Submitted on 14/01/2021 at 14:47

Thank you so much for posting about your recent experience when your daughter was admitted to the Neonatal Unit in Craigavon Hospital. I'm glad that you were made to feel so welcome and you got the information you needed. Thank you in particular for your comments about Donal, one of our neonatal staff nurses in Craigavon. I will ensure that he gets this very kind feedback. I wish you and your daughter all the best.

Response from Una Toland, Ward Manager, Neonatal Unit , Craigavon Area Hospital, Southern Health & Social Care Trust last week
Una Toland
Ward Manager, Neonatal Unit , Craigavon Area Hospital,
Southern Health & Social Care Trust
Submitted on 15/01/2021 at 13:07

Reading this feedback and sharing it with our team has made us all smile. Your comments reflect the values we know are so important to parents during their time in our unit.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts

Regards