"Difficulty in communicating with my mother in hospital"

About: Southern General Hospital / General Surgery Victoria Infirmary

(as a relative),

My mother has been diagnosed with cancer and her life expectancy is short.

I live in New Zealand and have rang the Southern General Hospital several times but have not been able to speak to her as they don't have a hand held phone only a fixed phone in the office.

When she was in the Victoria, they did have this service which was great for both of us.

The nurse suggested that I ring during the visiting time and speak to her on my sisters cell phone, however we are 13 hours ahead of UK.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS 8 years ago
Paul Cannon
Head of Administration, Acute Services Division,
Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS
Submitted on 25/06/2013 at 18:57
Published on Care Opinion on 28/06/2013 at 09:44

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting.

I hope that you did manage to speak to your mother and that the difficulties in ringing in to the ward from New Zealand were overcome.

Paul