"The nurse was so rude to myself and others"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine

In November 2020. I was unexpectedly admitted to crosshouse hospital with severe abdominal pain. Unfortunately I still have this and nothing was done except bloods, urine and CT scan.

Two days after my admission I had the pleasure of meeting a nurse on the ward who was so rude and nasty to myself and other patients on the ward.  Once I decided to go for a walk to the lifts and back, but before I could get to the doors of the ward they shouted at me, asking where the f### do I thought I was going. I told her I was simply going to stretch my legs as they are sore.  The nurse shouted back at me, telling me to get back to my f###in bed right now or they would pour ice cold water over me.  I was appalled at what they had just said to me.  No wonder some consultants on the ward turned around.

A nurse is there to look after vulnerable patients and to help them get well etc, not to make them feel small and unsafe. I saw the nurse in question do this to many patients on that day that it's bang out of order.

All the other nurses on this ward deserve a medal as I can't fault them. Even through the covid pandemic.