"Being offered services not available"

About: Hopwood House Medical Practice

I received a txt message offering a flu vaccine to patients with specific health issues.   According to the information recieved I qualified for a vaccine.

I contacted the surgery to book in for a vaccine and was informed I didn't qualify, the message was generic.   I tried to explain that according to current NHS guidelines I qualified.   The receptionist was rude and showed no understanding of procedures of the practice even though they were not a new member of staff.   I was spoken to in a demeaning way and was made to feel devalued as a person and insignificant. If I had not received the message offering the service I would not have contacted them.

Unfortunately I cannot say the attitude of this receptionist was a one off, it has become the norm when I contact the surgery.   This receptionist has displayed a terrible attitude not in line with NHS values and I think they require training in how to communicate with people especially when they are vulnerable.