"New adhd service appointment"

About: Neurodevelopmental Specialist Service / Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Service

Had an appointment with the new adhd service last week. Just feel floored by the level of skill, experience and compassion of the lady I saw. For me, adhd has been an incredibly corrosive element of my life and if it has ever delivered anything good it has come at a huge price. I think in that appointment I touched base with possibilities for the future because not only was my situation accurately understood but also I’m dealing with a lady with the clinical skills and power to help me effect change. Whether changes/improvements come to fruition or not there was huge value in that appointment in itself. Sound understanding is transformational. Thank you.

Response from Alinda Gillott, Clinical Psychologist, IDD Psychologists, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust 11 months ago
Alinda Gillott
Clinical Psychologist, IDD Psychologists,
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Submitted on 20/10/2020 at 10:44

Thank you for your positive feedback. As a newly developing service we really welcome feedback to help us shape the service. In listening to the people we support we are aware of the impact living with ADHD can have on lives, and we are really pleased to hear you felt the clinician understood your needs and had ideas to support positive change.