"Disappointed again"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital / Dermatology

Was sent a letter to say I had been diagnosed with Dermatitis Herpetiformis which was described in the letter as a nasty little rash. The doctor I saw for the for the diagnosis said I was lying and that there was nothing wrong with me, and that I should be pleased I was not ill. This doctor could not find the letter on the computer, someone had to do it.

Saw another doctor at Chorley Hospital who knew nothing about DH and all they could do was offer me Dapsone. They asked 5 times in about 2 minutes if I wanted it but every time I said no they still wrote on my report I was eager to try it. They also seemed very annoyed that I had no signs of the disease to show as they had not seen it before.

Next visit to see Dapsone nurse during  Covid restrictions. Lots of notices to say do not come in before your appointment. I waited one and a half hours AFTER my appointment in the waiting room time to be seen seems it works one way but not the other.  Disappointed again, don't think the nurse could understand why I was irritated by my care from the start. The nurse said they would try and get me an appointment with another dermatologist at the hospital who knew something of DH but letter came today, still same doctor who  knows nothing of the disease

Response from Alison Cookson, Patient Experience and Involvement Lead, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 2 weeks ago
Alison Cookson
Patient Experience and Involvement Lead,
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Submitted on 02/10/2020 at 09:56

Hello Judith, I was sorry to read about your experience while visiting our Dermatology Centre at Chorley. We really would like to look into this further, and make sure you are completely happy with the outcome.

Please can you contact out PALS team who will help you with this. The patient advise and liaision service is open Monday - Friday 9-4 with an answer machine available out of these hours, please call them on 01772 522972. Thank you.

Patient Experience and Involvement Lead LTHTR