"Orthopaedic waiting list"

About: West Glasgow Ambulatory Care Hospital (Yorkhill)

Over 1 year waiting on an initial orthopaedic assessment. I have deteriorated massively and I have no where else to turn too. I am in agony every day and nobody can give me an answer on how long I will wait. I was referred August 2019.

Response from Nicole McInally, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Manager, Patient Experience and Public Involvement Team, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde 5 days ago
Nicole McInally
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
Submitted on 24/09/2020 at 10:04

Dear A-8512

I am sorry to hear that your condition has massively deteriorated and that you have been unable to get an update on the waiting times. The impact of Covid -19 has meant a significant reduction on our services over the last 6 months which has impacted on our waiting lists. We are now gradually increasing our capacity on a phased basis to ensure the safety of our patients, relatives and staff. Orthopaedic services have recommenced, however, to start with, this will be a greatly reduced service due to ongoing constraints, such as social distancing.

As your condition is deteriorating, can I suggest that you speak to your GP as they will be able to provide a clinical update to the Orthopaedics Team and may be able to explore other options to help you manage your pain.

Kind Regards

Nicole

• A-8512 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful