"Complementary therapy (Reiki)"

About: North Devon District Hospital / Cancer Services

I was an inpatient at North Devon District Hospital.   Sarah a reiki therapist, asked if I would like a treatment. From the moment she lightly touched my feet I felt waves of relaxation move up my legs and throughout my body. It was a totally relaxing experience and I would thoroughly recommend Sarah to any patients at NDDH and those using the Fern Centre.

Response from Tasmin Andrew, Cancer & Wellbeing Centre Manager, Cancer Services, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust 3 weeks ago
Tasmin Andrew
Cancer & Wellbeing Centre Manager, Cancer Services,
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
Submitted on 02/09/2020 at 13:29

Dear Ellesse

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will pass on your kind words to Sarah. It is wonderful to hear that you found her Reiki so beneficial during your stay at NDDH.

We are gradually reinstating service in the Fern Centre and hope to be able to offer reiki as well as other complementary therapies in the Centre in the coming months depending on how things are with Covid-19.

If you would like any more information about the therapies and our services at the Fern Centre please feel free to contact me on 01271 311855

Best Wishes

Tasmin

Response from Lisa Townsend, Patient Experience Coordinator, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust 2 weeks ago
Lisa Townsend
Patient Experience Coordinator,
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust

I take patient feedback and work with all departments at Northern Devon Healthcare Trust to improve the patient experience

Submitted on 10/09/2020 at 14:14

Dear Ellesse

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have been on annual leave. Your kind words were forwarded to all of the team and Sarah, our Reiki Therapist has asked me to relay the following in addition to the above:

"Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. It was so humbling to read. To be able to offer Reiki to patients on the wards and within the hospital feels amazing. I certainly feel privileged to be in this role and being able to make a difference for people who are suffering."

As you can see, such personal feedback really does make a difference to our staff. Thank you again for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback. It's appreciated.

Kind regards