"Volunteering to make a difference"

About: Change Grow Live / Norfolk Alcohol and Drug Behaviour Change Service

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I have just signed up to be a mentor at CGL and can't wait to get started! I have been affected by substance misuse and lost loved ones as a result :(

I had never heard of CGL before and have been looking at organisations that i could give my time to.

Nicola the lady who interviewed me made me feel so at ease. I have no qualifications but bags of empathy and she has boosted my confidence by making me realise this is all that is needed. I cannot wait to get started and help those in need.

The organisation seem so passionate about helping those struggling it's not just a job to those that work there it's a vocation which is very rare.

I hope that i can bring some hope to just one person's life. The staff here really do a care and it seems will go over and beyond to support you! If you need support it's right here. Well done CGL.

Response from Matt Laker, Service User, Family and Carer’s Involvement Lead, CGl Norfolk, CGL 4 days ago
Matt Laker
Service User, Family and Carer’s Involvement Lead, CGl Norfolk,
CGL
Submitted on 03/08/2020 at 10:33

Thank you so much for sharing this- we are really pleased to hear that your experience of applying to volunteer with us was a positive one!