"Chemotherapy and picc line flush issues"

About: Grantham & District Hospital Pilgrim Hospital / Oncology

I had four lots of chemotherapy over a course of 8 weeks at Grantham hospital, each time mistakes were made in the fact that either the chemotherapy drug hadn't arrived in time for my appointment or the wrong medication had been prescribed which meant delays in treatment.

Each day after chemo I went to Skegness mcu to have the picc line flushed and re-dressed one time I felt the staff member was very abrupt and rushing and made a mess of the dressing. I had the last treatment mid June & had the picc dressed and flushed the next day at Skegness.

At the end of July unable to get hold of Macmillan I rang the chemo suite at pilgrim to ask about the picc line as due for operation atthe end of July, they told me to go to Skegness to have the picc re-dressed, the staff member in charge had to remove the picc as it had clogged up and was no good they said it should of been flushed every 1-2 weeks or at least removed but somewhere along the lines I had been forgotten about, if I hadn't of rang up it would of been left and forgotten and gotten infected which would of stopped the operation.

The staff are all good that I have seen but somewhere someone isn't doing things as they should and I feel I have been slightly neglected.