"Recent admission"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / General medicine

I am in healthcare myself and fully understand the extreme pressures that staff and the NHS are facing. However my admission was far from nice/pleasant.

Staff unable to canulate me on admission, clinical support called and came at 1am (that's fine I understand the pressure) however you should see the mess of my arms. Plus the staff member moaned as they wanted to eat but got bleeped again when canulating me. I also had to tell a nurse to get rid of the air in the syringe before giving me my iv antibiotics! Really, this shouldn't of needed to happen.

With the COVID-19 virus strict infection control measures need to be in place. This was a huge fail on both of the ward i stayed on. Staff go round on the ward round with the BP machine and don't even wipe BP cuff/ the machine or anything in between each patient use. I got moved to another bay because a patient who was in the bay had diarrhoea and was infected (the nurse told a colleague in the bay full of patients). Yet no one even cleaned the toilet that had been used in the bay!

Poor communication was also a major issue that needs addressing. I was told i was moving to a bay and was there for 30mins then i was told i was moving wards. Plus i had to tell 7 staff at lunch time i was nil by mouth, the nurse didn't even know i was going for a scan. I heard so much discussion about other members of staff during a night shift that I wonder how anyone gets any sleep on that ward. It was indicated by a member of staff that a patient in the side ward was COVID-19 positive but no one had been in all week to clean it, so why should they go in and take it home to family!