"Expressing my gratitude not only for the care but the manner in which it was delivered."

About: Ninewells Hospital / Acute Surgical Receiving Unit Ninewells Hospital / General Surgery

From the moment I arrived at the ward, I experienced professionalism, care and compassion.

Arrived at hospital after a urgent referral from GP.  Was met with a Covid test prior to admission to ward 7, Surgical acute.

Had a battery of blood tests, x-rays and cat scans before consultant came round later to tell me that I was having appendectomy next morning and explaining clearly and concisely what would happen, might happen and what could go wrong!

Next day I was wheeled to surgery first thing and everything went according to plan.  Staff I encountered when I returned and was put in ward 8 were absolutely excellent and displayed empathy and compassion to all.

I was released from hospital the next day but am expressing my gratitude not only for the care but the manner in which it was delivered.

My only gripe, and I know there are tight budget constraints, was the food.  A single sandwich would be adequate, the home-made soup was delicious and fresh fruit would have been appreciated.