"Daughter attending Radiology"

About: University Hospital Monklands / Radiology University Hospital Wishaw / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My 6 year old daughter attended nuclear medicine at University Hospital Monklands today, which involved cannulation by a paediatrician from University hospital Wishaw.

I think her name was Dr Burnett but apologise if I am wrong.

She was caring and compassionate whilst quick and professional at inserted the needle.

She was assisted by a CSW and a radiographer who both made my daughter and I feel very at ease.

We returned in the afternoon for the scan where we were met by the radiographer and radiologist.

(I’m sorry I didn’t catch everyone’s name).

Again, both were professional whilst making us feel relaxed during the 25 minute procedure.

The overall experience attending UHM during the covid 19 pandemic was very organised and our appointment was on schedule with very little time spent in the waiting area.

I wish to thank all staff involved for making a worrying situation for my young child a more relaxed one, in which I am confident it hasn’t caused too much trauma and worry if she is too attend hospital in future.

Response from Lesley Sharp, Deputy Radiology Manager, University Hospital Monklands, NHS Lanarkshire 4 months ago
Lesley Sharp
Deputy Radiology Manager, University Hospital Monklands,
NHS Lanarkshire
Submitted on 14/07/2020 at 13:13

Dear OnTheReceivingEnd,

It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our patients and I will make sure this has been passed on to the staff in Nuclear Medicine.

As a child attending for a hospital appointment at this time must be quite scary especially when we are all wearing our PPE. I am glad that our staff made this experience as relaxed as possible.

Kind Regards

Lesley

Response from Laura Jack, Service Improvement Manager – Paediatrics & CAMHS, Paediatrics and CAMHS, NHS Lanarkshire 4 months ago
Laura Jack
Service Improvement Manager – Paediatrics & CAMHS, Paediatrics and CAMHS,
NHS Lanarkshire
Submitted on 14/07/2020 at 14:21

Dear OnTheReceivingEnd,

Thanks so much for taking the time to get in touch with us and like my colleague at UHM it’s so lovely to receive such great feedback.

I have forwarded your heartfelt thanks and kind comments to Dr Fiona Burnett and also to the Clinical Director for Paediatrics, Keir Greenhalgh. I’m sure they will both be delighted to hear that you and your daughter felt at ease and that the overall experience was better than anticipated.

I’m so glad to hear that you and your daughter felt as relaxed as possible- we completely understand how coming to hospital can be an apprehensive time for both parents and children, especially at this time.

We wish you both all the best for the future.

Thanks again