"Rushed to hospital"

About: Ninewells Hospital / General Medicine Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I was rushed to hospital with a very high temperature after passing out at home. The ambulance people were very reassuring and i was taken to the covid ward for assessment and thankfully it was not what i had but a raging infection. The staff in that ward also the other ward I was transferred to were very kind and reassuring also doctors.

Response from Kenny Freeburn, Deputy Regional Director, North, Scottish Ambulance Service 3 weeks ago
Kenny Freeburn
Deputy Regional Director, North,
Scottish Ambulance Service
Submitted on 16/06/2020 at 16:53
Published on Care Opinion on 17/06/2020 at 09:40

Good afternoon Granj,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It must have been a really worrying time for you and I hope you are recovering well.

It is always nice to be able to feedback directly to the staff involved, to do that I would need a little more information from you to allow me to identify the ambulance crew who cared for you. If you would be willing to share a little more detail I can be contacted by e mail at kfreeburn@nhs.net or by calling 01382 882400.

Kenny

Response from Alison Moss, Feedback Manager, NHS Tayside 2 weeks ago
Alison Moss
Feedback Manager,
NHS Tayside
Submitted on 23/06/2020 at 18:03

Dear "Granj"

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after what must have been a very anxious time for you. It is always nice for staff to receive feedback and I can reassure you that I will share this with the COVID assessment unit and the Ward 42 team.

I hope you are recovering well.

Kind regards.

Lynn Lambie

Senior Nurse, Medicine Elective Care

• Granj thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Granj (the patient)

I am glad they will get feedback as it is so easy to just forget them when you ate discharged but I will always remember them