"My visit to Cardiac Investigation hub"

About: Altnagelvin Area Hospital / Cardiology

I was given the telephone number by my GP practice one day in May 2020. I was having a tightness and heaviness and some pain in my chest. I phoned the hospital at 11am and a nurse took information from me. I was given an appointment at 12.15 that day for The Cardiac investigation hub.I was seen on time had a ECG ,blood test and other tests done by two medical staff. The results came back about one and a half hours later. Thankfully everything was ok .I was given a lot of information about the results and came away feeling confident .I was also told not to hesitate if I ever felt anyway like this again to seek advice.A very reassuring experience .

Response from Vi Gray, CO Champion- Patient & Client Experience, Professional Nursing PCOP, Western Health & Social Care Trust 5 days ago
Vi Gray
CO Champion- Patient & Client Experience, Professional Nursing PCOP,
Western Health & Social Care Trust

encourage people to share their experiences of health and social care, what matters to you, what you particularly liked or disliked so that we can share with the relevant department, and staff .

Submitted on 28/05/2020 at 19:41

Hello L Curry

Thank you for sharing your story I am delighted that you have had a very positive experience and I will ensure your kind words and comments are forwarded to those within Cardiology. services. This will be welcomed and appreciated by the staff particularly In these difficult times with all the challenges around Covid 19.

Best Regards