"Fast tracked into coronary"

About: Altnagelvin Area Hospital / Cardiology

I was fast tracked into coronary as it had racing heart beat for period of time.

I was met the moment I entered front doors by various staff who had a smile , a aura of calmness and confidence in their specialist fields.They effortlessly calmed me down within minutes and gave me a confidence that I was in professional safe hands.

Over the course of 5 hours , I was regularly checked for temp , heart tracing , blood pressure , given chest x Ray , bloods talked and analysed and even given a choice of meal with cup of tea.

As my heart was beating so fast , the sen consultant decided on an injection (Adenosine  !  ) and he prepared me for the short discomfort I’d feel when administered. All was ok.

It’s been said by numerous people that nursing ( all levels in the medical field) is a vocation by people who’s sole delight is in helping others . This can never be challenged ... ever. They are all our angels on this earth.

Response from Thelma Swann, Regional Project Lead – Online User Feedback, Public Health Agency last week
Thelma Swann
Regional Project Lead – Online User Feedback,
Public Health Agency
Submitted on 19/05/2020 at 16:46

Dear Perseusmt73

Thank you so much for sharing your story about Cardiology Services in Altnagelvin Hospital.

I am delighted that you have had a very positive experience and will ensure your kind words and comments are forwarded to those within Cardiology.

In light of the current circumstances which we find ourselves in these words of appreciation, encouragement and gratitude will mean a great deal to the staff involved during these difficult times. I will ensure your story is shared with the Senior Team in Cardiology.

Hoping you make a full recovery and thank you once again.

• perseusmt73 thinks this response is helpful