"Poor service during an extremely anxious and…"

About: Dr Wong and Partners

I have recently moved house from Lowton to Golborne a distance of one mile and I currently live 3.5 miles from the practise. I informed the practise of my change of address this week and was advised that I would be required to register with another practise within 4 weeks.

I asked if I could stay with this practise especially at this moment in time as I have received a letter from the NHS advising I was someone at risk if of serious illness if I catch coronavirus and am in the shielded category, which means strict isolation for 12 weeks. I contacted the practise and spoke to a receptionist and Karen who deals with these issues and asked could I please stay for the time being as I was anxious and worried that changing at this time, I explained I have been with the GP surgery since childhood, they know my medical history and I have also built up good relations with the asthma/chest conditions nurse, Viv, who is amazing. So disappointed, shocked and upset at their lack of compassion and care at this time, I was advised that if I haven't made changes within 4 weeks I would receive a letter advising I would have 4 weeks to move and to ensure I had a months medication. This is not person centred care, it's cold and there is a real lack of compassion and care.