"Fewer managers more staff"

About: University Hospital Monklands / Accident & Emergency University Hospital Monklands / Respiratory Medicine (Ward 17)

First of all I would like to thank the nurses doctors and A&E and ward 17 for first class care, though I believe their morale is low due to shortages of doctors, nurses and cleaners.   They seem to me to be overworked and underpaid but they carry on regardless.   There seems to be difficulty in ordering certain things. For example pillows, the basic things missing. It is bad management in my opinion.

Doctors and nurses deserve more recognition, change is needed for a happy workforce.

Response from Gavin Dolan, Senior Nurse, Emergency Care Directorate, University Hospital Monklands, NHS Lanarkshire last week
Gavin Dolan
Senior Nurse, Emergency Care Directorate, University Hospital Monklands,
NHS Lanarkshire
Submitted on 23/03/2020 at 11:05

Hello Br45,

Good of you to recognise the hard work of ED and Ward 17 - thank you.

I am however, interested to read your comments around morale for staff due to staff shortages. Equally, your perceptions around other operational aspects really interests me also.

I would be really interested to talk further around this and your views. Maybe, you could give me a call and we could arrange a suitable time to discuss. I can be reached via my PA on 01236 712305.

Regards,