"My experience of Breathing Space"

About: NHS 24 / Breathing Space (Phoneline)

I had put up with domestic abuse for almost 14 years. Waiting for the court process to take effect takes a tremendous toll on me.

Breathing Space has helped me greatly along the way, through down periods (where everything looks bleak), and never ending a conversation without checking out that i was OK.

As a former Uni Professor, who used to teach active listening as part of Psychotherapy Courses, I readily recognise the skills that your listening team have.

You should take pride in the fact that you have highly professional people working for you, who are making a tremendous difference to people's lifes. They again pulled me out of a very dark place tonight. Please pass this on, in particular to Emma for tonight and thanks to all again

Regards,

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Experience Manager, NHS 24 4 months ago
Shona Lawrence
Patient Experience Manager,
NHS 24
Submitted on 19/02/2020 at 11:49

Hi ArizonaSun

How kind of you to take the time to provide positive feedback on our Breathing Space Service. It sounds as though this has been an extremely tough time for you. I will most certainly ensure your story is shared directly with the Team. I know they have regular team meetings to share experiences and support each other and I am sure they will be delighted with your feedback.

Our Breathing Space staff do an exemplary role in providing a safe listening service where people can share their experiences in confidence. Active listening is indeed a skill and I am pleased you recognised this in our staff. Breathing Space is an invaluable service for some people and feedback such as your reinforces this.

Thanks again for getting in touch and I wish you all the best for the future.

With kind regards