"Unexpected trip to paediatrics"

About: Accident & Emergency / Children's A&E Crosshouse Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

We had an unexpected trip to A and E and subsequently ward 1A following a GP appointment for my son. The service we recieved both in AandE and in ward 1A was fantastic. All the staff we came across, nursing and medical staff, I felt listened to our story and then communciated plans and treatment in a timely and understandable manner. There was a wait for the senior doctor to see my son however I understand the need is to prioritise the most unwell patients. I even received a phonecall from one of the doctors the following weeek to make sure my son had recovered as further results were available that may have required more treatment.

Overall my experience was extremely positive and wanted to pass on my thanks to all the staff involved in my son's care at a time when as a Mum you feel particularly helpless.

Response from Attica Wheeler, Head of Midwifery (Associate Nurse Director Women and Childrens Services), Ayrshire Maternity Unit, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear First time Mum 062018

Thank you for your positive feedback of your son's recent visit to our service. I hope he is making a full recovery. it is a very challenging time for any parent when your child is unwell.

I will ensure the team reads your lovely message.

best wishes

Attica

• First time Mum 062018 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful