"helpful and reassuring"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Stroke Care Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

From the time that an ambulance was called, I have had the best and most courteous attention from both the paramedic crew and all the staff at Crosshouse Hospital. The paramedics were thorough in their tests and while I was worried and indeed afraid, I was reassured by both their professionalism and cheerfulness. The arrival of the ambulance at my home timeous, taking no more than 10 minutes from 999 call.

on arrival at Crosshouse Hospital staff were totally professional, helpful and reassuring. all tests were undertaken with little or no delay and results communicated. During my overnight stay, the staff checked all vital signs regularly. I believe that all AAHB staff I encountered at Crosshouse Hospital provided me with the best of attention.

Response from Christine Somerville, Senior Charge Nurse, Ward 3E, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear greensk63,

It is so nice to read your feedback in relation to your care from pre-hospital until discharge. It is so important we get it right at all stages. This must have been a frightening time for you and it is good to hear about the professionalism, care and communication.

The staff will be delighted and to hear how this supported you at a difficult time. I am glad you only required a short stay before going home.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on care opinion. I hope you are now recovering well.

Best Wishes,

Christine

• greensk63 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Alan Martin, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Greensk63

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on CareOpinion. I am so sorry to read that you had reason to use our services and those of the wider NHS. I hope that you are feeling better and are on the road to a full recovery.

It is, as you say, a worrying time when you are required to call 999 and it is known that keeping someone as calm and reassured as possible is vitally important. I am so pleased to read that the crew did this. It would appear that the professionalism shown was exactly as we would expect.

Thanks again for your comments and I wish you all the very best.

Kind Regards