"Hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectom"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / X-ray and Scans Lincoln County Hospital / Gynaecology

I had a VERY large fibroid and also a cyst on one ovary so the decision was made to have a hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectom to remove it all.

I felt concerned and of course nervous but relief at the thought of an end to the discomfort and pain I was in.

At Lincoln Hospital - The surgeon Mr Flood was excellent in the pre-surgery chat on the day of surgery and I felt confident in him, he answered questions and showed us scans we had not previously seen at Grantham.

The staff were reassuring and very nice

The only single thing I would have changed is a student in the room where they prepare you attempted to put in the drip and missed the vein and panicked a bit, which made me very nervous and almost cry.

They were apologetic and a more experienced member of staff did it, but if I had known they were a student I would have said no, far too stressful a time to practice on a patient.

Apart from that everything else was handled professionally and with friendly care.