"Excellent care provided for me"

About: Midlothian Community Hospital / Hospital @ Home (Midlothian)

Excellent care provided for me, I have no fault with any of it. All Doctors, Nurses and Health Visitors have been brilliant taking care of me.

On leaving after my care plan was complete, I didn't have a number to contact the same team again - but not a major issue. I do have the phone number now though.

Response from Patricia Cantley, Doctor, Bonnyrigg Health Centre, NHS Lothian 6 months ago
We are preparing to make a change
Patricia Cantley
Doctor, Bonnyrigg Health Centre,
NHS Lothian
Submitted on 31/01/2020 at 10:18

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback. We find it enormously helpful and it does help us develop the service for future.

We are delighted to hear that you had good care and hope that you are continuing to make progress.

It was helpful to hear your comment about a phone number. There is a phone number at the bottom of the discharge letter, which is sent out on the day of discharge from the Hospital at Home service, but it may not be that obvious and that letter may take a day or two to arrive. Following your comments we will look at other options on how we can ensure that patients have a good way of asking any questions about their recent experiences with us and a way of getting in touch.

Thank you again for taking the time to send us your thanks and comments.

Dr Patricia Cantley

Consultant, Hospital at Home team

Response from Patricia Cantley, Doctor, Bonnyrigg Health Centre, NHS Lothian 5 months ago
We have made a change
Patricia Cantley
Doctor, Bonnyrigg Health Centre,
NHS Lothian
Submitted on 02/03/2020 at 12:06

Following discussion with the team, we have now designed a new letter to be given to all patients on discharge, explaining that their care is now being passed back to their GP. There will be a clearly visible contact number on this letter for any questions that the patient or their family may have about their time in our care.

The letter will also remind the patient that they can give feedback to the team via Care Opinion.

Thank you again for sending us feedback to help us improve our service.

Dr Patricia Cantley