"All in all great hospital"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Orthopaedics

I was admitted to FVH in October 2019, with a Nasty broken leg. The ambulance crew were amazing. My leg was operated on shortly after my admission. By Mr Putti. I was taken to the theatre and Mr Putti stood by my bed telling me what he was going to do and why. Asked if I was ok. The operation went very well. I now have a nail in my leg with 2 nails holding it in place, plus there were cracks from the break to my ankle so he put in 2 small plates. Since then I have been back to see him and all is going well. Each time i have been he takes time to show me what is happening with the break and the progress. This is very encouraging. FVH is a great hospital I was in 2 wards while I was there and both were great. The nurses are amazing at a time when you are unable do things yourself. I cannot praise this hospital enough.

And the food is great, one f the tea ladies by the name of Kerri, was great. So happy and caring goes over and above all the time. All in all great hospital.

Response from NHS Forth Valley

Dear Poppy01

We are happy to hear that you are delighted with your treatment. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement which keep us going in what can be a very stressful job.

Regards
Mr Amit Putti MBBS, MS(Ortho), MCh(Orth), FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon

Forth Valley Royal Hospital

Response from Tracy Ross, Senior Charge Nurse, Ward B23, NHS Forth Valley

Hi Poppy01

We are so pleased to hear you have had a positive experience during your stay in B23. It's always encouraging to hear from patients who have had a good journey and I'll be sure to share with my team.

I hope you continue to recover well and thank you once again for taking the time to share your kind words and feedback

Update posted by Poppy01 (the patient)

I was in B23 initially but was moved to A21 I think. Both were great. Staff are amazing. The queen could have not got better. Thank You.