"Nurse at outpatient rheumatoid dept, reception B."

About: University Hospital Wishaw / Rheumatology

I attended Wishaw hospital today. Gerry carries out my weight and blood pressure checks before I saw the Doctor. He is an absolute ray of sunshine and a credit to your facility.He was such a compassionate, friendly, professional member of staff and put you totally at ease. Hospital can be a daunting place when your sick but this man made me smile today!! Thank you Gerry!! and Dr Anna who’s is fantastic! 😊

Response from Janice Miles, Senior Nurse, Older People Services & Outpatient Services, University Hospital Wishaw, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Miss Lanark,

Thanks for posting such a lovely post.

The staff in outpatients all work hard to deliver a high standard of care everyday and it is reassuring when patients inform us that this is what is happening.

I will ensure your kind words about his care and professional manner are shared with Gerry and the fact that he put you at ease.

I hope that you now don't find attending hospital so daunting and wish you well in the future.

Thanks again for taking time to post such a positive post.

Kind regards