"Please respect patients dignity"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Accident & Emergency

In cubicle with my husband, we are both experienced nurses so realise the pressures. Overheard 2 nurses in cubicle area laughing and joking over who was taking next two patients, and we overheard their details and reasons they were in. Please respect patients dignity this could be discussed at nurses station or in tea room not in public patient area. I also believe people with serious mental health issues should have the privacy of a single room both for their own privacy and the people in the surrounding area who may find it distressing. PLEASE, colleagues, we have a duty of care to be professional.

Response from Gerry McLaughlin, Lead Nurse, Emergency Care and Medical Services, NHSGGC We have made a change

Hi nitraterp95

Thank you for raising this and please allow me to look into further with your consent.

Would it be possible for you to either email me on Gerry.mclaughlin@ggc.scot.nhs.uk or works tel: 07815 705687.

I have already shared your comments with the Senior Charge Nurse of the unit to action an immediate change as this falls short of the standards expected by our team.

Many thanks again for highlighting this and allowing me to respond.

Gerry McLaughlin