"Cancer prescriptions "

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital

I have brought this issue up before we attended the cancer department yesterday our appointment was on time but then it was a forty minutes wait to be given the prescription then we had the walk to the main building to pick it up which was another twenty minutes wait,for a cancer patient it is so tiring by the time we got home what could have been an hour it turned into two hours plus.l am sure there has got to be a better way to get the medication.That is the only down side the staff are brill I would give ten stars if I could but the prescription walk needs to be addressed.

Response from Royal Stoke University Hospital

Thank you for your constructive feedback which I have shared with the senior management team. Matron informs me that the whole of the cancer centre is undergoing changes during 2020 to improve many of the current systems based on patient and staff feedback and the collection of prescription medication is high on their list of priorities.

Kind Regards