"Serious communication issues"

About: South mental health recovery team (East Glade Centre)

This place should not have a "Recovery Team" due to the serious communication issues. There is one particular Care Coordinator who does not return calls. I have come to the conclusion there is little to no point contacting Reception regarding callbacks.

The only consistent figure is the Employment Worker who is on sick leave at the moment unfortunately. That is assuming you would be well enough to look for work which many users may not be. They sent a letter about his unavailability, but I am still in the dark as to where my Care Coordinator is.

I despair for those desperately unwell trying to access a service they are on the books for, but are not receiving any help from a Care Coordinator. It defeats the object of a Recovery service.

They have an Enhanced Support Team, but they only work 9-5PM. It would be a different person each time and not a consistent figure.

Ultimately, you would be better off sitting at A&E for any support. This service does more harm than good.

Response from Sarah Roberts-Morris, senior operational manager, Specialist, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust

I’m really sorry to hear about your experiences with the South Recovery Team. Please contact me to discuss this further so we can ensure you receive the appropriate support.

Thank you.