"Incompetent and unprofessional"

About: South mental health recovery team (East Glade Centre)

My daughter is a patient of Eastglade and we have been largely unimpressed by the level of service. My husband is terminally ill, a situation we alerted the relevant people at Eastglade to at his diagnosis. He is now dying, and she is getting no support. I have tried contacting her case worker three times and have left messages asking him to contact me, as I see worrying signs of the stress affecting her mental health. She has had recent episodes of self-harm, so my concerns are very genuine. No one has got back to me, and more to the point, her case worker has not been in touch with her. This is unprofessionalism, pure and simple.

If the response I get to this is a suggestion that I phone this or that number, my response now is that I have more important things to do than listen to hold music. I shouldn't have to worry about this now at all, I should be able to give my full attention to my desperately ill husband.

Disgraceful, dangerously incompetent, and deeply unprofessional. I am disgusted.

Response from Sarah Roberts-Morris, senior operational manager, Specialist, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust

I’m really sorry to hear that you and your daughter have not felt supported by the team. This sounds like a very difficult time for all of you. I know you are reluctant to call again but please do get in touch on 0114 2716451 with further details so I can ensure that your daughter receives the support she needs going forward.

Sarah Roberts-Morris