"Friendly and professional"

About: Accident & Emergency / Children's A&E

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter had fallen and hurt her wrist, it turned out to be a buckle fracture. I attended A&E at Crosshouse on a Sunday morning. From the receptionist to the paediatric triage nurse to the ENP they were all friendly and professional. My little girl and my self very much at ease. Within 1.5 hours we had been right through the experience, had an x-ray, diagnosis, been given verbal and written advice and were on our way home.

Well done to all staff involved.  1st class service.

Response from Claire Gilroy, Specialty Doctor, Emergency Department, University Hospital Crosshouse, NHS Ayrshire and Arran 4 months ago
Claire Gilroy
Specialty Doctor, Emergency Department, University Hospital Crosshouse,
NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Emergency

Submitted on 26/11/2019 at 12:59

Dear Rose100,

Thank you so much for posting your feedback. It has been a very busy few weeks in our department so your feedback will provide a boost to our full team. I am pleased to hear that everyone was friendly and professional throughout and that your little girl was at ease. This is something we aim to achieve every time.

Our Emergency Nurse Practitioners are fantastic aren't they? I would love to be able to give the one that saw your little girl this feedback. If you are able, could you email me your daughters name and date of birth to claire.gilroy@nhs.net and I will ensure they are sent this?

In the meantime, I will share this with our whole team via email and will share at our morning huddle. I hope your little girl is making a good recovery.

Claire