"Day Case Hip Replacement"

About: Victoria Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Well I have read many negative comments in the press and on Facebook about the Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy but I can only say the care I got recently was excellent and exceeded my expectations by far. In at 7.30 in the morning for a complete hip replacement and home by 7.30 at night done and dusted. Thanks to all in Ward 10 and the surgical team led by Dr Dunstan, Also the anesthetist's, especially for the intravenous administration of gin and tonic (at least thats what they told me) the physiotherapists who got me on my feet so quickly and any one else involved in my care.

I was treated with respect at all times, kept fully updated with what was happening at every stage of the process Ward staff went out there way to get me home as soon as possible. They must have been tired of me asking!

Only downside was the meal which was average at best although they did give me what I ordered even if I asked for more items than I should have. An error on my part

Response from Pauline Hope, Clinical Nurse Manager, Planned Care Directorate, NHS Fife

Dear Fergus1888

Thank you for taking the time to feedback you lovely comments on care opinion. It is great to hear such positive feedback and I will ensure that everyone mentioned is informed.

I am sorry to hear that your meal was average but if you wish I can look into this further my contact details are Pauline.hope@nhs,net or telephone 01592 643355 ext 20010.

I hope you recovering well at home and wish you all the best.

Kind regards

Pauline

• Fergus1888 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Lorna Bellingham, Senior Charge Nurse, Ward 10, Planned Care, NHS Fife

Dear Fergus1888,

On behalf of the ward 10 staff, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback.

Although your stay with us was a short one, I am pleased that you were satisfied with most aspects.

Feedback is greatly valued and I will be sure to share your comments with the above mentioned.

We wish you well in your continued recovery

Regards