"Search for pain relief treatment"

About: Countess Of Chester Hospital / Pain Management The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust / Pain Management

In Suffering lumbar & sciatic nerve problems I attended Mr Wilbys Clinic at Walton, & was listed for lumbar decompression surgery in. I have nothing but praise for the care & efficiency I experienced at the hospital. The Staff are very helpful & well organised.

Unfortunately my chest was battered by infections last Winter, & I was told that unless it improved a general anaesthetic should not be undertaken. I was extremely disappointed as this could have transformed my life. The Dr I saw suggested I try epidural treatment again as it had provide relief for a year previously. This is when a problem began.

I was encouraged to go nearer home, rather than get it done at Walton. Several letters went into a black hole as the Pain Management Dept no longer exists at Oswestry( where Id been before) & a Consultant letter there came back informing me this covered the treatment I had under MR Jaffrey. My only option offered was at Chester( not specialist) Clinic. I have just received an appointment for  June 2020. Over a year from when I was taken off Waltons list. I wonder if Drs realise they are discharging people to such poor support & pain relief?

Response from Jonathan Roberts, Patient Experience Lead, Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you have taken to post a comment.

We take all patient feedback seriously and therefore we will use your comments to see what we got wrong. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with staff in the department.

However, please feel free to contact the PALs Department on Freephone 0800 195 1241 and select option 2 or email cochpals@nhs.net to give us more information about your experience. This will also give us the opportunity to feedback to you personally regarding any improvements we have identified as a result of your comments.

• KRen doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful