"Staff in every area were fantastic"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Gynaecology (Ward 49)

I was recently admitted to the Gyn unit in the QEUH under Dr. Hardie. It was a relatively minor procedure and I was able to be discharged home later that evening. Staff in every area that I spent time in from the admission area, anaesthetics, theatres and up in ward 49 were all fantastic. They were all extremely reassuring, compassionate and I really felt well cared for throughout my short stay. It was also noticeable how great they all seemed to work as a team. Please pass on my appreciation and thanks for the care I received.

Response from Sheila Dickson, Patient Experience & Public Involvement Project Manager, Patient Experience & Public Involvement, NHSGGC

Dear Phm

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive experience. Having to have any procedure is an anxious time and I am so glad that you felt that your level of care was a positive experience. As a registered nurse myself I feel very proud that all my colleagues ensured that you were well looked after. Working as a team is paramount to ensuring high quality patient centred care and we strive to ensure that this is available to all.

I can assure you that I shall pass on your sentiments to all staff.

Many thanks

Sheila

• phm thinks this response is helpful