"I felt an inconvenience"

About: St Helens Hospital / Ophthalmology

I visited eye dept this week to check high occular pressures after previously changing prescribed eye drops. The waiting time was an improvement on previous visit and staff were excellent and informative until reaching the doctor.   Made me feel as though on a conveyor belt and wasn’t given the opportunity to ask many questions about my condition. I felt an inconvenience. I was also concerned about the severe dry eye I was experiencing but told me to just to continue using the drops as often as needed despite instructions recommending 4 times a day. Wasn’t interested. Even the triage nurse noticed my red eyes, but not the doctor. No reassurance given.

Response from St Helens Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience of attending the Ophthalmology Clinic at St Helens Hospital. It is good to hear that the waiting times were better than your previous visit and the staff were excellent. However, it is disappointing to learn that you were not reassured by the doctor. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the PALS team on pals@sthk.nhs.uk or telephone 0151 4301376

• Motherinky thinks this response is helpful