"The excellent care you provided my brother in law"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Accident and emergency Musgrove Park Hospital / Cardiology

(as a relative),

I wish to complement our local NHS Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton for the care and treatment you gave my brother in law  recently on two separate occasions. He has heart disease and peripheral arterial disease as well.

In August he was having a planned angioplasty of his right leg in the X-ray department to attempt to improve his poor circulation, there when a serious complication arose and the angioplasty balloon burst on a deposit in his femoral artery. This required immediate surgery to remove it under general anaesthetic, quite serious for him I imagine, but it was carried out successfully. We were kindly called by the Vascular Registrar both before and after the procedure and able to thank him at the time. Duncan recovered well and came home within two days.

Then in he early hours of one day in late October, his Care Home informed us that he had been taken by ambulance to A & E at the hospital, being unresponsive, with a very slow pulse, He was stabilised in the AMU and transferred to Fielding Ward for several days. He received the best of care there and within 4 days was given a heart pacemaker on his 77th birthday, followed by a birthday cake! He is now back in his Care Home, enjoying life there once again. Thank you so much for treating him so well on both occasions and if possible please pass our thanks to the staff involved.

Response from Diana Cooper, Senior Nurse, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Dear TimJL

I am delighted that your bother in law is recovering well from his recent procedures at Musgrove Park Hospital.

I will share your feedback with my team and the staff on Fielding Ward.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Response from Louise Hill, Senior Nurse, Emergency Department, Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Dear TimJL

Thank you for your feedback, I hope your brother in law enjoyed his birthday cake!

Regards Louise