"Explained everything really well"

About: Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital / Accident & Emergency (Emergency Care)

(as a parent/guardian),

Had to take my 13 year old son to children's A& E following a fall from his bike with a suspected broken arm. He had a bump to his head (not wearing a helmet! ! ! ! ) and a black eye. Triage nurse Nikki was lovely and made sure my son got some painkillers. Was soon sent to Xray (lovely radiographer whose name I cant remember) then was assessed by David one of the doctors. He explained everything really well to us all and confirmed that it was a broken arm. David wanted to make sure no after effects due to head injury. A lovely nurse called Anna applied the cast and another lovely nurse ensured my son had something to eat before going home. Thank you all for making a stressful experience a little easier and the staff's care and attention was exemplary in a busy area. My son now proudly showing off his cast and will be wearing his helmet in future!

Response from Caroline Clark, Chief Nurse, Children's Division, NHS Grampian 11 months ago
Caroline Clark
Chief Nurse, Children's Division,
NHS Grampian
Submitted on 23/10/2019 at 14:49

Thank you MeB19 for taking the time to post this great feedback for the team. I am glad that your son is now doing ok and delighted that he will wear a helmet in future! The staff is children's A&E take pride in making stressful situations a little easier for both children and parents. It sounds like the whole team did an exceptional job and I will of course share your feedback with them.