"So friendly and patient"

About: NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service) Royal Alexandra Hospital / GP Out of Hours

(as a relative),

Phoned NHS24 about my dad who has advanced prostate cancer and had symptoms of a urine infection. Spoke to lovely call handler Lindsay who arranged my dad to be seen urgently at the RAH out of hours. He was seen as soon as he arrived and assessed by a lovely nurse. He was then seen and examined by a trainee GP who was so friendly and patient and prescribed antibiotics. He was home within 90 minutes of our initial call. Thank you nhs24 and the RAH.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Experience Manager, NHS 24

Hi Ggrace

I am sorry to learn your Dad has prostate cancer and I appreciate you will be very concerned for him. A urine infection can be really unpleasant and I hope he is doing much better. Thanks so much for taking the time to contact Care Opinion to share your Dad's experience of NHS 24 and the Royal Alexandra Hospital (RAH).

To have called 111, been referred, assessed, prescribed medication and back home within 90 minutes is fantastic. Well done to us and to the RAH!

Thanks for specifically mentioning Lindsay, one of our Call Handlers. It would be good to share you story with Lindsay, so if you would be kind enough to contact me directly with some additional detail, I could do this. You can get me on 0141 337 4544 or by email at patient.experience@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch. I am sure my colleagues within the RAH will be equally delighted with your kind feedback.

With best wishes to you and your Dad.

Shona

Shona Lawrence

NHS 24 Patient Experience Manager

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Experience Manager, NHS 24

Hi Grace

Thanks so much for getting in touch and providing additional detail. It was good to hear from you.

We have now been able to identify Lyndsey and share your compliment with her. It is always good to be able to do this as it is a fantastic reminder of the important role frontline staff have in providing a positive patient / caller experience.

Take care

Shona

• Ggrace thinks this response is helpful