"Supportive staff"

About: Arnold Lodge Regional Secure Unit

I've been at Arnold Lodge for almost 4 years and I a now moving on to a rehabilitation service in Nottingham.   I want to write to let you know how much the service here has equipped me to move forward.   They have never given up on me despite the challenges I have presented to them, which at times have been quite difficult for me and everyone.   Without their support and guidance I would not be in this position.   I am thankful for their perseverance and the team's ability to strive to help me.   I have, at times, been quite rude and disrespectful but they have seen through this and supported me in a way that I have never been supported before.  I am currently on Cannock ward and want to thank all the staff and peers for getting me to where I am.

Response from Peter Wright, Executive Director, Forensic Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

It's very kind of you to write in this way. It's great to know about the progress that you have made and about the support that staff have been able to give. But I would also suggest that you should reflect on the way you yourself must have risen to what must have seemed at times a very daunting challenge. I can't imagine how much hard work you have had to put in.

With best wishes.

Peter

Response from Caroline Forster, Caroline Forster – Ward Manager (Cannock), Arnold Lodge Medium Secure Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for you're kind words. I'm really glad you feel that your time on Cannock has been a beneficial and positive experience but please give yourself credit for the hard work you have done in order to get where you are now. The whole team wish you every success for the future.