"Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder"
About: Specialist services / Short Term Educational Programme (STEP) Specialist services Short Term Educational Programme (STEP) Sheffield S10 3TH
Posted by STEPgroups (as ),
What did you find helpful about the course?
- Distinguishing between emotional mind and rational mind
- The mix of facilitators for different perspectives of BPD, nice to have an ex-service user too. I have done courses in the past which focussed on Mindfulness, which is useful, but I liked that this course went further with practical tools to use to help me in future.
- Learning some DBT techniques and seeing that I’m not the only one!
Did you find anything about the course unhelpful and if so what?
- Having thoughts validated ….the reason for this is because I already feel like I can have my thoughts/feelings validated.
What suggestions do you have for improvements to the course?
- I think the course was excellent. The only thing lacking for me as a person at the beginning of the journey is that I would like to know how I proceed with my assessment and getting a diagnosis to enable me to access the relevant support.
- Possibly more sessions.