"amazing care"

About: Nottingham University NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus / Accident and emergency

After a potentially nasty accident, I was swiftly assessed and cared for in the Resus area of ED. Felt confident and safe in the professionalism and attentiveness of all staff. This continued overnight in the Lyn Jarret Unit and throughout the next day. The LJCDU team deserve a special mention for delivering first class care. At all times, I was happy to be in the care of such a dedicated team.

Visiting ED is not really something we do by choice, but it's so reassuring to know these amazing teams of NHS professionals are on hand to care for us in our times of need.

Just one thing.....to the inconsiderate smokers and vapers...... who think it's acceptable to congregate around the doors while generating an unwelcome fog, especially the ED entrance/exit when it is raining. Please read the signs! This was my last thought as I held my breath and waited for a lift home.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m so pleased to hear that our teams took such good care of you during your time in the department and that you felt confident and safe at all times. I have shared your kind feedback with the team. We know we have more work to do around smoking and I have passed your comments regarding this to our smokefree team. We hope you are recovering well following your visit.

Best wishes