"Rheumatoid arthritis after I had my twins"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Gynaecology Grantham & District Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Lincoln County Hospital / Maternity Newark Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Things began go wrong during my pregnancy and I started having problems with my joints especially my hand joints. Morning after I had my twins one of the doctor’s noticed my joints and immediately contacted the rheumatoid arthritis department and by the afternoon a consultant from the department had seen me and the process of being diagnosed began.

Since then I have a lot of other problems including needing a hysterectomy. Through all my illnesses, operations and procedures I have had excellent care and without that care I’m not too sure I would be here now been able to live my life to the best I can.

I have ongoing issues however the care I get from my local doctor, the consultants, nurses etc is amazing and I will always be in their debt. Their care for me has allowed me to continue to care for my children. That is priceless. Thank you everyone.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us and clearly you have had a lot to deal with over the years and have been looked after so well by each of the teams. I have shared your story with each teams and I know they will be delighted to read it.

Sharon

Update posted by Dw-2019 (the patient)

Thank you for your response. I was glad to be able to share my story as I am truly grateful for everything the NHS Team have done for me. I don’t believe you guys get the appreciation you so truly deserve and I want people to realise how lucky we are to have you guys.

I have been back studying and have now embarked on my degree something even three years ago I didn’t think I would ever be able to do. I am walking without walking sticks 99% of the time. I am getting more activate and even though I will never run again or do a lot of what I did do before I have learnt to adapt and reach new goals. I wish everyone all the very best.

From one very grateful patient.