"Opening a new page of my life"

About: Michael Carlisle Centre Porter Brook Medical Centre South Yorkshire Housing Association Limited

I relocated to Sheffield, UK from Taiwan in 2018 to join my partner. I was excited to open a new page of my life and couldn't wait for new challenges. But things were not going as smooth as I thought. I couldn't find a job related to my profession which totally crashed me down and the depression caused a lot of conflicts between me and my partner.

I knew that I couldn't let myself keep drowning, so then I searched for GP's help. I really appreciate that the professionals who helped me while I was having my hard time. including my GP, the practitioners and my coach. Besides of professional advises, they were also paying a lot of patience listening my stories and worries which was I exactly needed and gave me a lot of support. Especially thank to my coach, he was so patient to listen to lots of my whining, to bear with my indecision, also very supportive giving me lots of useful advises, not only for job search also for day to day life. He was so professional that making me feel it was more like supporting by a friend than someone doing his job.

Now I'm picking up the confidence and being motivated to manage the new life.

Response from Aletheia Gentle, Programme Coordinator, South Yorkshire Housing Association

Thank you so much for posting this feedback. It is really appreciated and always good to hear when the work we have been able to do with one of our customers has been useful and resulted in a positive outcome. I'm happy to hear that your Coach, as well as the other professionals you were in contact with, was able to support you back to feeling confident and more motivated.

It must have been a challenge to move to a different country to work in your chosen profession, and you were brave enough to ask for support. We are so pleased that this has worked well.

We wish you all the best with your future Sheffield.

Response from Porter Brook Medical Centre

The practice thanks you for your comments and they will be shared with the Practice Team.