"Stroke Care"

About: Borders General Hospital / Day Hospital Borders General Hospital / Stroke Unit

I was referred by my GP to the Neurovascular Clinic as he thought I had suffered a Stroke.   I received exceptional care from Dr Pacitti, every member of the Team and in the Radiography Unit where I had a CT scan.   I was also assessed by a Physiotherapist.     I felt I was treated with respect and friendliness by everyone involved.   Thank you to all of your excellent staff.

Response from Karen Maitland, Assistant Service Manager for Unscheduled Care, NHS Borders

Dear Beardon

I am sorry to hear that you required a referral to the Neurovascular Clinic with a suspected stroke. I am however delighted to hear that you received exceptional care from all of the team and can advise that I will ensure your feedback is shared with Dr Pacitti, our physiotherapist and the radiology team.

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience on Care Opinion. Our staff really appreciate receiving feedback directly from patients.

Best wishes,