"Truly amazing staff"

About: Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Edinburgh) / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

Thank you so much to all the truly amazing staff at RSCH Edinburgh. My daughter was admitted to ward 6 on Sunday night and were discharged home today.

I have to say the whole team in ward 6 made a challenging stay fun for my daughter and I. I loved that all staff : domestics, nurses, AHP, doctors and consultants made her feel at ease. Everyone showed a genuine interest in what mattered to her, they took her thoughts, feelings and knowledge into consideration.

Although my daughter was unwell and at times worried they helped her relax, by keeping her involved, encouraging games and play. She loved being able to do arts and crafts in her bed, then as she got better she could visit the playroom, do some gentle dancing and see the clown doctors and therapet.

The whole team worked very well and everyone seemed to truly enjoy their work.

I can not that everyone enough. Ward 6 you are an inspirational team and deserve huge recognition for all your amazing hard work Thank you.

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Val04

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us following your daughter's admission to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children. I can only imagine what an anxious time this must have been for everyone.

I was really pleased to read how all the team were able to work together to make your daughter's time in hospital as fun as possible, even being able to do arts and crafts in her bed.

I have shared your lovely feedback with the team who I am sure will be delighted to read your kind words.

I do hope your daughter is well on the mend and thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.

With best wishes