"Removed from their books"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (County)

I have had years of problems with mental health and many a time help has been needed. I find it difficult to change meds for instance and it has major effects on my fiscal and mental health. So when a mental health team active at my house to give assistance, I am told I have been removed from their books because I phoned and cancelled an appointment due to very ill health so I did not want the appointment. I did not find this to be caring, thoughtful or understanding from the mental health team.

Response from Jane Danforth, Involvement & Experience Officer, Involvement, Experience and Volunteering Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Tallman

I'm so sorry it's taken so long to reply to you. You don't say exactly where you received your service from but in the meantime I've left a message with one of the teams who will reply to your feedback.

I was sorry to read that you have been so unwell and that you didn't feel the team was caring or understanding. This is not how our teams want to make you feel and I hope that when you read my reply, you will feel that we are listening to what you say.

I hope today is brighter for you.

Kind Regards